The next session of YAYOM runs: February 6- March 15th, 2012
You are Your Own Muse takes place on a private blog. There will also be a community flickr group to share our work through.
The course includes 4 posts per week on the blog:
- 2 posts per week packed full of information and ideas on the weeks topic
- 1 inspiring interview
- 1 post exploring the technical aspects of shooting self-portraits (in easy to understand terms)
- the blog will also be packed full of resources and inspirations
In the 6 weeks we will dive into the following topics:
- storytelling through self-portraiture
- exploring your visual voice and creating a visual narrative of your life
- looking at light in a new way and allowing it to help us take gorgeous photos
- the art of the photo walk...getting brave taking photos outdoors
- letting ourselves into the picture and re-defining our relationship to beauty
- telling stories in ways that help us feel 'seen' as who we really are
- what happens after we take the photos: tips on post-production
- we will also explore polaroid and non-digital creative adventures in self-portraiture!
-A camera. We do explore empowering ourselves to get to know our cameras better and discuss how cameras work. So point and shoot, film cameras or DSLR's are ideal for the course. What is most vital is an interest in learning about your own photographic voice, your camera and self-portraiture.
-You'll also need internet access to both the flickr group and the classroom on a weekly basis
The cost of the course is $129.00 Canadian Dollars
Registration is now closed.